Khoya peda or mawa peda is an easy and quick sweet made with dried milk flavoured with cardamom. Mango season is still here and decided to try this sweet with a twist. Yes, at times I get some crazy ideas but fortunately this turned out to be so delicious and my little boy truly enjoyed it. I added some tutti frutti to make it colourful. Tutti frutti always remind me of my childhood day and brings a big smile in my face 🙂
So, sharing a quick sweet recipe today on a happy note. Hope you all give it a try and enjoy!
Keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick.
- Mango Puree – 1/4 cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 200 gm (I used Amul milkmaid)
- Khoya/dried whole milk – 200 gm
- Green Cardamom – 2
- Dairy Whitener/Milk powder – 2 tbsp
- Tutti frutti – 3 tbsp
- Mash khoya and keep it ready. Remove seeds from the cardamom pods and crush it nicely. Grease a square plate with some ghee and keep it ready.
- Add milk powder, sweetened condensed milk, khoya, mango puree in a non-stick pan and mix it well.
- Heat the pan and cook on medium heat. Keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick. Add tutti frutti and give a quick stir.
- Remove from the stove, add cardamom powder and mix it well. Spread the mixture on the greased plate.
- When it cools down, taken a portion in your hand and give it a round shape. You can simply cut it into equal squares.