Hara Bhara Kabab is a delicious snack filled with goodness of greens. Hara means green and thats how it got it name. It is mainly made with fresh spinach and green peas. It is healthy and simply delicious. You can enjoy these kebabs as a snack with your evening cup of tea/coffee. These kebabs also make a great party starter and usually loved by everyone.
You can also check this quick video to make these Hara Bhara Kebabs:
- Spinach - 1 cup (chopped)
- Boiled Green peas – 1 cup
- Boiled potatoes – 2 (mashed)
- Green chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Chopped ginger - 1 tbsp
- Chaat masala - 1 tsp
- Cornflour – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Emami Rice bran Oil - 3-4 tbsp
- Blanch spinach leaves and green peas in 1 cup of water for 2 minutes. Drain excess water.
- Add blanched spinach, green peas, green chilli, chopped ginger in your food processor and blitz it to make a smooth paste. Do not add any water while grinding.
- Now add this paste with mashed potatoes, chaat masala, corn flour, salt in a bowl and combine.
- Take a portion of this mix and shape into a ball. Then press it between your palms to give it a flat disc shape.
- Shallow-fry the kebabs on a griddle/tawa by adding little oil.
- Serve it warm with ketchup of chutney.
Do not throw away the water used to blanch spinach. You can use it to make soup etc.