So, today I’m sharing one of the recipes for making chettinad vegetable biryani using this rice. This recipe has been passed on to me by my granny and hope you all will enjoy it. The rice is cooked with freshly grounded masala and coconut milk and you simply can’t resist this aromatic rice dish!!
- Ramajeyam seeraga samba Rice - 2 cups
- Coconut milk - 2 cups
- Water - 1+ ½ cup
- Onion – 2 (medium size)
- Tomato – 2 (medium size)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Green chili - 2
- Mint leaves - ½ cup
- Coriander leaves - ½ cup
- Bay leaf - 3
- Mixed vegetables - Carrot, potato, beans, green peas ( peeled and chopped - about 2 cups)
- Turmeric powder - ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil - 4 tablespoon
- Ghee - 2 tablespoon
- Clean and chop the vegetables and keep aside. Coarse ground mint leaves and coriander leaves.
- Clean and soak rice in some water for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil and 1 tablespoon of ghee in a frying pan.
- Add the bay leaf, green chili, onions, ginger, and garlic and fry till onions turn translucent.
- Add grounded coriander and mint leaves and mix it well. Sauté on low flame for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomato and fry until it gets mushy.
- Now add the chopped vegetable along with turmeric powder, ground Masala powder, red chili powder and salt and mix it well. Remove from the flame and keep it ready.
- Drain all the water from the rice and add it in electric rice cooker along with fried vegetable mix.
- Add coconut milk and water and gently mix it. Close the electric cooker and let it cook for auto set time.
- Open only once the cooker gets auto cut-off.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and drizzle a tablespoon of ghee on rice before serving.
****************** This is a sponsored post********************** Yum