I love paneer and love to try out dishes with it. I have made this Paneer curry today which I cooked in Pistachio gravy and will serve it with some flat bread and boondi raita for lunch. It is a delicious curry cooked in rich gravy combined with spices. It is a lovely dish even to prepare for lunch or dinner parties and I assure that your guests will be all praises about you. So, sharing the recipe with you all..
Paneer Pista Curry
Cook delicious curry with cottage cheese in rich pistachio gravy!
Author: Priya Shiva
Recipe type: Curry
- Paneer/Cottage cheese - 100 gm (chopped into equal cubes)
- 1 big Onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 big Tomatoes (chopped)
- Grated Ginger - 1 tsp
- Pistachios - 15
- Fresh cream - ¼ cup
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Red chilly Powder - ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder - a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil - 2 tbsp
- Soak pistachios in some warm water for 15 minutes. Peel them and keep it ready.
- Add chopped onion, tomatoes, pistachios, ginger in blender and blitz it to make a paste and keep it aside.
- Heat a non-stick griddle/tawa and toast paneer cubes with little oil till they turn light brown on all sides. Keep this ready in a separate bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and when oil is warm, add cumin seeds and saute for few seconds.
- Add onion-tomato paste and saute for few minutes till oil separates from the gravy.
- Now add turmeric powder, garam masala, red chilly powder and mix it well.
- Beat the cream nicely, add it in the pan and mix well.
- Add paneer cubes and salt. Mix it gently.
- Lower the flame and let it simmer for 2 minutes. You can add some water if you feel the gravy is too thick.
- Transfer into a bowl, garnish it with some coriander leaves and serve it hot with tandoori roti, phulkas or rice.