A bowl of sweet potato chaat, sounds delicious isn’t it? I love to have my tea in a relaxed mood watching some television or reading a book or just standing in the balcony and enjoying the evening breeze. I like some snacks with my evening tea and usually prefer some cookies or quick snacks. This is a quick snack which you can put together in no time and enjoy with your family. I love the combination of sweetness of sweet potatoes with lemons and pepper.
This also very famous in North India as shakarkandi chaat. Shakarkandi means sweet potato. I have used plain sev to make this dish but you can totally avoid it too :)..So, sharing the recipe for Sweet potato chaat today and hope you all have a great week ahead.
Sweet Potato Chaat
Serves - 2
Author: Priya Shiva
Recipe type: Snack
- Sweet potato - 2
- Pomegranate - ½ cup
- Plain Sev - ½ cup
- Salt as per taste
- Lemon - 1 (medium size)
- Back pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Clean and boil sweet potatoes till they are nicely cooked and soft. Peel the skin and chop them into equal medium size pieces.
- Microwave lemon for 15 seconds and then juice it.
- Add chopped sweet potatoes, pomegranate, salt, lemon juice, black pepper in a mixing bowl and mix it well.
- Add this in serving bowl, garnish with sev and coriander leaves and enjoy.