Yield – 12 muffins
All purpose flour – 1 and 1/2 cups
Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Granulated sugar – 1 cup
Chocolate chips – 1 cup
Ripe Avocado – 1 cup (mashed)
Milk – 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup
White vinegar – 1 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Cooking oil – 1 /3 cup (I used sunflower oil)
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease it with cooking oil.
2) Mix together 1/4 cup milk and vinegar and set it aside for curdling.
3) In another large bowl sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add sugar and mix it well.
4) In another bowl combine together the mashed avocado, curdled milk, vanilla essence, oil and remaining 1/4 cup milk.
5) Add this wet mixture with the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add chocolate chips and give a quick stir.
6) Pour the batter in muffin cups about 2/3rd cup of batter per muffin.
7) Bake at same temperature for 20 minutes. Check after 20 minutes by inserting a toothpick at the center of the muffin. If it comes out clean, then your muffin is done or else continue baking for 5 more minutes and keep a watch on it.