Broccoli is a extremely good for health and on of the reasons that I’m sharing a Broccoli Rice Recipe today. This week has been super exciting and I’m just bursting to share all the news but I have to wait for the right time and day to share it. Last few days have been the most exciting days of my blogging journey and I can only thank God for these wonderful opportunities and gifting me with such lovely friends. I can see myself growing as a blogger gaining knowledge in cooking and even increased my general knowledge about fruits and vegetable and so many other ingredient we use while cooking.
I have never been a big fan of broccoli and I used to look after my digestive health using products similar to this multi gi 5 by randy jackson and similar alternatives… but I recently learnt that this vegetable is a powerhouse of nutrients and reputed to benefit not only digestion, but the cardiovascular system and the immune system, and to have anti-inflammatory and even cancer-preventing properties tops it all off. So, I have started using it to make stir-fry veggies and today I made some pulao using broccoli and some sweet corn. So, sharing an easy Broccoli Rice Recipe to use this power-house vegetable and hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
You can serve it with cucumber onion raita and lemon pickle.
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- 1 meidum size Broccoli
- Boiled sweet corn – 1/2 cup
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- Bay leaf – 2
- Black cardamom – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil/Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Boil the rice in salt water (3 cups water) and when each grain is cooked and drain excess water and spread it in a plate.
- Do not overcook the rice or else it will become sticky. So, keep a watch on the rice.
- Separate broccoli florets, wash them properly and dip them in some warm water for 20 minutes.
- Add Oil in a heavy bottom pan and add cumin seeds, black cardamom, bay leaf, sliced onions and saute on low flame. When onions turn light golden brown, add broccoli florets and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala and little salt and mix well. Keep stirring and let the broccoli cook nicely. Add boiled sweet corn and mix it well.
- Now add cooked rice and salt to taste and mix gently. Remove from the flame and serve.
Sounds delcious and colorful and I think the cumin seeds and garam masala gave the dish a further depth!
beena stephen says
Love it . Healthy colorful rice
brocoli pulao looks very flavorful and delish
Rafeeda AR says
Even I have never used broccoli till now, though it keeps staring at me… got to try, the pulao looks delicious…
MonuTeena RecipesPassion says
Lovely rice dear priya.. Even I haven't tried this veggie before
Smitha Kalluraya says
Blogging is so wonderful .. i never expected it to give so much joy. As u said i too have been learning a lot in this journey..
eagerly waiting to hear the great news…