Ghraybeh / Lebanese Shortbread Cookies
Recipe Type: Cookies, Snack
Serves: 12 cookies
Melt in mouth Lebanese Shortbread Cookies!
- All purpose flour/Maida – 1 cup
- Icing sugar – 1/2 cup ( you can use powdered sugar too)
- Ghee/Clarified butter – 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – a pinch
- Few pistachios (optional)
- Sift the flour and keep it ready.
- Add icing sugar, baking soda, flour and ghee in a mixing bowl.
- Mix it well with the hands to make a soft dough. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F.
- Divide the dough into equal lemon size balls. Take a ball in your hand and rub it between your palm to form a long rope. Join the ends of the rope forming a circle. Place a pistachio on the connecting ends.
- Place it on a non-stick cookie tray or on tray lined with parchment paper. Leave at least 1 inch of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes at the same temperature. Do not let the cookies turn golden. So keep an eye on your cookies. My cookies took 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool down completely and store in an air-tight container.