Shrikhand is an Indian sweet dish made of strained curd. It is one of the most famous dessert in Maharashta. Shrikand is especially made for gudi padwa festival which is celebrated in Maharashtra. Gudi padwa is celebrated on the first day of the Chaitra month to mark the beginning of the New year. Shrikand is served with poori (flat bread) on this auspicious day.
You will find many variations to Shrikand and one of the famous one which is prepared in mango season is Amrakhand. So, sharing a quick dessert recipe to enjoy with friends and family..
Amrakhand / Mango Shrikhand
Recipe Type: Dessert
Make delicious dessert with mango puree and strained curd.
- Plain yogurt – 4 cups
- 1 Mango (peeled and chopped)
- Green cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Saffron strands – a pinch
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Few Blanched Pistachios for garnishing
- Hang the yogurt tied in a muslin cloth for 2 hours.
- Add the hung curd along with crushed cardamom powder, saffron,sugar and mango in your blender and blitz it until smooth.
- Pour shrikhand in serving bowls and refrigerate it for few hours.
- Garnish with few pistachios and enjoy!!
You can use Greek yogurt in place of curd and directly blend the ingredients to prepare shrikhand.[br]To prepare hung curd, use thick curd prepared from full cream milk.[br]You can increase or decrease sugar as per your taste.