Amrakhand - Mango Shrikhand Recipe
- 2 cups Curd
- 2 Alphanso Mango (1 cup mango puree)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 10-12 Saffron strands
- 2 Green cardamom (powdered)
- 12 Pistachio (crushed for garnishing)
Place a strainer over a bowl. Place the muslin cloth and add the curd. Tie the cloth. Refrigerate for minimum 6 hours. The whey will settle in the bowl. Discard this whey and hung curd is ready.
Peel and chop mangoes and make a puree of the pulp.
Powder sugar and and set it aside.
Soak saffron strands in warm milk for 10 minutes.
Add hung curd and powdered sugar in a bowl and whisk it nicely.
Now add mango puree, saffron milk, cardmom powder and mix well.
Pour in serving bowls and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Garnish with pistachio and chopped mangoes and serve.
- You can adjust sugar according to your taste.
- I have used alphonso mangoes but you can use any variety.
- The whey can be used to prepare the dough for roti or you can even use it to prepare rice or add it to your plants.