Urulaikilangu Roast is one of my all time favorite. It is a quick stir fry vegetable made with potatoes and I love to eat it some comforting Tomato Rasam and steamed rice. I can never get bored of potatoes and its one versatile vegetable which can be cooked with different spices and flavors. These roasted baby potatoes are easy to make and usually loved by everyone.
So, sharing a simple recipe to make some delicious Urulaikilangu Roast today..
- Baby Potatoes – 500 grams
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Besan/Gram flour – 2 tbsp
- Urad dal/white lentil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Cooking Oil – 3 tbsp
- Wash the baby potatoes nicely and pressure cook till they cooked and soft. Remove the skin, chop and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add gram flour, salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder and mix it well. Now add baby potatoes and mix it well so that it covers all
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and add 3 tbsp oil. Add mustard seeds and saute.
- When the mustard seeds crackle add asafoetida, white lentil and saute till lentils turn light brown. Now add curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Now add baby potatoes and roast them on medium flame. Keep stirring till they are roasted evenly and turn brownish.
- Serve it warm with flat bread or rice.