What do you do with leftover cooked rice? You can always reheat and serve it again but no one prefers that in my house. I don’t like wasting food. So, I usually make some quick snack like rice bonda using it or stuffed paratha. I’m going to share a very easy and step-wise recipe to make some stuffed parathas using leftover rice. You can serve it with some pickle and yogurt and enjoy with your family.
Ingredients for stuffing:
Cooked rice – 1 cups
Finely chopped onions – 1/2 cup
Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Chopped Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
1) Add cooked rice, red chilly powder, salt in a mixing bowl and mix it well.
2) Add finely chopped coriander leaves and mix it well. Transfer the content in a bowl.
Ingredients for Paratha:
Whole Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Salt to taste
Ghee/Butter as per requirement
1) Keep the stuffing ready in a separate bowl.
2) Add whole wheat flour and salt in a mixing bowl and knead it by adding little by little water to make a smooth dough. Roll it into medium sized balls and keep it aside.
3) Roll out a portion of dough using rolling pin and add the rice stuffing into it. Now close it and roll out again using rolling pin into a round shape.
4) Cook this on a tawa/griddle by adding little ghee on both sides until the paratha turns golden brown on both sides.
Serve it hot with some yogurt and pickle.
sheetal soni says
Wow, this is amazing, i had always heard about Methi Paratha, Aloo Paratha, Mooli Paratha, but this is totally different, thanks for sharing