Thogayal is an accompaniment served with rice in South Indian houses. We usually make some kolumbu, curry and rice specially during weekends. I love this even with dosa, idli etc. Parappu thogayal is mainly made with toor dal and coconut. You will find different variation for this dish as some people love to add garlic cloves or make it without using coconut. So, sharing an easy recipe today and hope you all have a great weekend.
Recipe Type: Chutney
Side-dish made with a combination of lentil, coconut and spices!
- Toor Dal/Yellow pigeon peas split – 1 cup
- Fresh grated coconut – 1/4 tbsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Red Chilies – 2
- Salt to taste
- Sesame Oil – 2 tsp
- In a frying pan, add 1 tsp oil and roast toor dal, a pinch of asafoetida and red chilies on low flame for few minutes. Remove from the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Add all the ingredients with coconut and salt in your blender to make a smooth paste by adding little water.
- Add 1 tsp oil in a small frying pan and add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds crackle add it into the chutney.
nandoos Kitchen says
nice tasty thogayal
Rafeeda AR says
Smitha Kalluraya says
KC the Kitchen Chopper says
Love learning about different cuisines! thanks for sharing and enlightening me at #theWeekendSocial. Come back and visit/link this Thursday, starting at 9:00 PM EST. I'm off to pin your link! 🙂