Rava/Sooji/Semolina – 1 cup
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Water – 2 cups
plain yogurt/dahi – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds/ Jeera – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
1 onion finely chopped
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Salt to taste
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Green chilies – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Peanuts – 2 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Grated ginger – 1 tsp
1) Add water and yogurt in your blender and blitz it until smooth to make buttermilk.
2) Dry roast the rava in a pan on a low flame till its color changes slightly and a nice aroma comes from it. Remove the content from the pan and keep it aside.
3) Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a non-stick pan and add cumin seeds, asafoetida and mustard seeds and saute.
4) When the seeds crackle add chopped onions, grated ginger and peanuts and saute till onions turn light brown.
5) Now add chopped green chilies and curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
6) Add buttermilk to the pan, salt to taste, turmeric powder and when it starts bowling lower the flame and add rava and keep stirring. Make sure no lumps form and add sugar and mix well and let it cook for a minute.
Serve it hot with some Sev.
1) Roast rava on low flame or it will burn easily.
2) You can garnish it with some pomegranate, shredded coconut and add vegetables of your choice.