Lemon cupcakes are refreshing, melt in the mouth cupcakes. Its perfect for the summer with the sweet and tangy flavor and I’ve topped it with some Vanilla Sugar Glaze. I love anything with citrus flavours for summer as they are so refreshing. So, sharing the recipe and do try these cupcakes as everyone in my family loved it.
Lets prepare Vanilla Glaze –
Powdered sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Melted unsalted butter – 1/2 tbsp
Milk – 2 tbsp
Combine powdered sugar, vanilla essence, butter and milk until mixture is creamy without any lumps.
Add this glaze on top of any cake or cupcake and enjoy!!!!
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 1/4 cup
- Yogurt – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 1/3 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Granulated sugar – 3/4 cup
- Lemon Zest – 1 tbsp (prepared by scraping outer layer of lemon)
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Raisins – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius. Sift all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder all together twice and keep it aside.
- Add sugar, oil in a bowl and mix it well until sugar completely dissolves. Add yogurt, milk, lemon juice and blend it well.
- Now add all purpose flour (mixed with baking powder, baking soda) slowly to the mix and blend it well. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter. Add vanilla essence, salt, lemon zest, raisins and give a quick stir.
- Grease the cupcake tin with some oil evenly and add the batter to it. You can also use cupcake liners.
- Bake at 180 C for 20 minutes. Check after 20 minutes by inserting a toothpick at the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, then your cake is done or else continue baking for 5 more minutes and keep a watch on it.
- Once it has cooled down, invert it on a wire rack and let it cool down completely.
- Top it with vanilla glaze and enjoy!!