Beans carrot poriyal is just a simple dish made with sauteed french beans,carrots and with combination of freshly grated coconut. French beans which is also known as string beans or green beans are high in fibers and carrots also have their own health benefits. I love this simple vegetable and its a great combo with some rasam and rice.
- French Beans – 20 (finely chopped)
- Carrots – 2 (finely chopped)
- Freshly Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- White lentil /urad dal – 2 tsp
- Dried Red Chilies – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves -1 sprig
- vegetable Oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add mustard seeds and when it splutters, add urad dal and saute for few seconds till lentil turns light golden brown.
- Add red chilies, curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Now add chopped french beans with the 1/2 cup of water, turmeric powder and stir it well.
- Lower the flame, close the pan with a lid and let it cook till vegetables are cooked and soft. Keep stirring in between.
- Add salt and mix it well. Add grated coconut and give a quick stir.
- Serve it warm with some rice, dal or rasam etc…