recipe source – DivasCanCook
Fresh strawberries – 3 cups (hulled and diced)
Sugar – 3/4 cup
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
Unsalted Butter – 100grams (melted)
1) Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
2) Add strawberries and 3/4 cup sugar in a mixing bowl and stir well to coat strawberries in sugar and set it aside.
3) Take another large bowl and whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup sugar.
4) Add in milk, vanilla extract and melted butter and stir well. Its okay even if there are few lumps.
5) Grease a 9-inch casserole dish. Pour batter evenly into the dish.
6) Spoon strawberries evenly on top of batter. Do not stir
7) Bake at same temperature for 35 minutes or until the crust starts turning golden.
Serve it hot or I have served it chilled with some vanilla ice-cream.