Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
Rice flour – 1/4 cup
Powdered jaggery – 2 cups
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Ghee/Clarified butter for pan frying
1) Dissolve jaggery in 2 cups of warm water and filter. let it cool down completely.
2) Mix in the wheat flour and rice flour slowly in the jaggery water.
3) Add more water till it reaches dosa batter consistency.
4) Add cardamom powder and a pinch of salt and mix it well.
5) Heat a non-stick tawa/griddle and grease with oil.
6) Scoop a ladle of the batter and spread to a circular shape. Pour few drops of ghee along the sides of the dosa. Turn over once it reaches golden colour.
7) Remove the dosa when it is golden on both sides.
Serve it hot with some butter on top and enjoy!
1) Sprinkle some water to check if the tawa is hot enough to start making dosa.
2) Cook this dosa on low flame or it will easily get burnt.