Beetroot – 1 (peeled and finely chopped)
Carrot – 1 (peeled and finely chopped)
Black Chickpeas/ Kala chana – 1/3 cup
Freshly Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
White lentil /urad dal – 1/2 tsp
Green chilly – 1 finely chopped
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Curry leaves -1 sprig
Vegetable Oil – 1 tbsp
1) Soak chickpeas overnight in some water. Drain the water and pressure cook with 1 cup of water till its soft.
2) Heat oil in a frying pan and add mustard seeds and when it splutters, add white lentil and saute for few seconds.
3) Add finely chopped green chilly, curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
4) Now add chopped beetroot, carrot, boiled kala chana with the water and turmeric powder and mix well.
5) Lower the flame, close the pan and let it cook till vegetables are cooked and soft.
6) Add salt and mix it well.
7) Add grated coconut and give a quick stir.
Transfer it in a bowl and serve with rice or roti. I simply enjoyed it with some rasam and Curd rice.