Bhindi ki sabzi is a scrumptious stir fry vegetable dish made with okra. Okra is a slimy vegetable but once nicely it is nicely friend, it tastes awesome. Some call it lady finger and we call it bhindi in India. I had earlier shared recipe for Spicy Okra. This is another version for okra veggies.
Bhindi ki sabzi is a simple dish which can be served with some Indian flat bread like naan, phulka etc. So, sharing the recipe and hope you all try it out too!
Bhindi Ki sabzi / Okra Stir Fry
Recipe Type: stir-fry veggies
- Okra/Bhindi – 12-14
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Asafoetida/hing – 1/8 tsp
- Cumin seeds/Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp.
- Dry Mango Powder/Amchur Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Clean and dry okra with a towel. Cut the top and tail and dice all the okra into 1/2 inch equal pieces.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- When cumin seeds crackle, add diced okra and chopped onions.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala, amchur powder and red chilli powder, and mix.
- Fry them for 5 minutes on medium flame and keep stirring in between.
- Add salt to taste and fry for few more minutes till the vegetables are cooked and soft. Keep stirring in between.
- Transfer it in a bowl and serve it hot with Indian flat bread.