Baking is like a therapy for instant happiness. You cant help yourself smiling the minute something starts baking and house gets filled with the aroma. I decided to bake something special for my little one and thought of trying something different. I decided to bake some Eggless whole wheat orange cupcake. These cupcakes are perfect for your whole family and can be enjoyed as a tea time cake.
Winter is the perfect time to enjoy some baked goodies with a glass of warm tea or coffee. Its a season of oranges and one of my favorite fruit. The citrus flavor is so refreshing! Watch a quick video to make these delicious Eggless Whole wheat Orange Cupcake.
I’m also sharing a detailed recipe and hope you all enjoy making it. You can even bake some mini ones and sprinkle some powdered sugar on it.
Eggless Whole Wheat Orange Cupcake
Recipe Type: Dessert
- Whole wheat flour – 1 & 1/2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Butter – 1/3 cup
- Milk powder – 3/4 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Orange Zest – 1 tsp (scraped peel of orange)
- Fresh orange juice with pulp (remove seeds) – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Preheat oven at 180 degree C/ 356 F.
- Peel oranges and remove the seeds. Make sure to juice it with some pulp and keep it aside.
- Sift wheat flour, milk powder, baking powder, baking soda all together and set it aside.
- Add sugar, butter in a bowl, orange juice, milk and blend it well until sugar completely dissolves.
- Add orange zest and vanilla extract and mix.
- Now add sifted flour and blend it well. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter.
- Grease the cupcake cups with some oil evenly or line them with cupcake liner. Add the batter to it. Fill each cup till 2/3 cup.
- Bake at same temperature for 20 minutes. Check after 20 minutes by inserting a toothpick at the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, then your cake is done or else continue baking for 5 more minutes and keep a watch on it.
- Once it has cooled down, remove from the cup and enjoy!!
Juice oranges just before making cupcakes as fresh juices tend to get bitter if you keep them for a long time.[br]You can also add nuts and raisins to make this cupcake more healthy.