I had some dosa batter left over which I prepared yesterday. I was not in a mood to make dosa again and decided to make some snack which I can have with my evening tea. The weather is also amazing with winter setting in. It is really easy to make Bhel Dosa especially if you have some Dosa batter and just in a mood to have some chaat. You can also serve it as a starter or snack for a tea-party :)..
Start by making mini dosa. Then, add the bhel mix on top drizzled with sweet tamarind chutney and your bhel dosa is all ready..
- DOSA BATTER – 1 cup
- Masala puffed rice (bhelpuri) – 1/2 cup
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- Sweet Tamarind chutney – 2 tbsp
- Roasted peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Sev – 2 tbsp
- salt to taste
- chat masala – 1 tsp
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- Vegetable oil to make dosas – 2 tbsp
- Heat the non-stick griddle/tawa for few minutes. Grease it with little oil.
- Check if the griddle is ready by sprinkling little water. If it gives an oozing sound, then the griddle is ready.
- Scoop a ladle full of batter and pour 4 little portions over the griddle and immediately spread it in circular motion to make a round shape mini dosa.
- Drizzle oil and let it get cooked on medium flame for a minute.
- Toss it over and drizzle little oil and let it cook for a minute.
- Remove from the flame and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl and add puffed rice, sev, peanuts, chopped onion, tomatoes, salt, chat masala and sweet tamarind chutney and mix well and keep it aside.
- Add the mixture on top of mini dosas and garnish it with more sev and coriander leaves.