Curry leaves chutney or karuvepillai chutney is a healthy chutney which you can serve with dosa, idli etc..Curry leaves are integral part of Indian cooking and widely used in many dishes. They even help in controlling cholesterol and one of my favorite herb. My grandma used to say that they are even good for eyesight. So, sharing a simple recipe to use curry leaves.
Curry Leaves Chutney
Recipe Type: Chutney
Learn how to make Curry leaves chutney!
- Curry leaves – 1 cup
- Roasted Bengal Gram – 1 tbsp
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Red chilies – 2
- Asafoetida/hing – a pinch
- Sesame oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- Add curry leaves in a frying pan and dry roast till curry leaves become little crispier. Add red chili and asafoetida and saute for few more seconds.
- Add this along with coconut, roasted bengal gram in your grinder and coarsely grind it.
- Add only little water which is required to make it into a paste.
- Transfer it into a bowl, add salt to taste and mix well.
- Add sesame oil in a small frying pan and when oil is warm, add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds crackle add to the chutney.
- You can serve this chutney with dosas, idlis, uttapams etc.