Dahi vada, a delicious yogurt based snack . Its a popular snack and they are so soft and spongy that no one can resist. It is also known as thayir vada in South India. The lentil dumplings are dunked in creamy yogurt and thats what makes it so soft and delicious.
I have shared how to make some ulundu vada and you can find the link in ingredients. You can even make the vadas in advance and refrigerate. So, lets check out how to make some tempting dahi vadas.
Serves – 3
Vada – 6 (click here for step-wise recipe to make vadas)
Dahi or curd – 3 cups
Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
chat masala – 1/2 tsp
cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Cooking Oil – 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Preparing dahi vada:
1) Soak the vadas in some warm water for 15-20 minutes.
2) Drain out the excess water and keep it aside.
3) Take the curd and 1/2 cup of water in a mixing bowl and whisk it to make it smooth.
4) Now take a small frying pan and add cooking oil to it. When the oil is warm add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
4) Once the mustard seeds crackle add it into the whisked curd. Also add some salt and sugar and mix it well.
5) Drop the vadas into the curd and garnish with some chilly powder, chat powder, sweet tamarind chutney and chopped coriander leaves.
1) You can also drizzle some Sweet Tamarind chutney or boondi over vadas.