I have made Coconut Bournvita Burfi to start my blogging journey today..I’m decided to start my blogging journey on a sweet note. Coconut is my soul-food and wanted to make something with coconut. I remembered my sister making a coconut burfi which tasted a little different than a normal coconut burfi and asked her for the recipe. She laughed and told me that she has been using bournvita as it gives a completely different taste and makes it more delicious.
So, sharing a step-wise recipe for Coconut Bournvita Burfi and hope you all try it out and enjoy with your family and friends.
- Freshly desiccated coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Malai/Fresh cream – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Bournvita powder – 3 tsp
- Add freshly desiccated coconut, fresh cream, milk and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix it well. Keep it aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan or a non-stick pan and add 1 tbsp ghee to it.
- Add the mix into it and keep on stirring continuously for few minutes.
- When it starts thickening, lower the flame and add bournvita powder to it and keep stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add 1 tbsp ghee to it and stir it for a minute.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan so that it spreads evenly. When it cools down cut it into equal pieces and store it in a cool place.