I have made Coconut Bournvita Burfi to start my blogging journey today..I’m decided to start my blogging journey on a sweet note. Coconut is my soul-food and wanted to make something with coconut. I remembered my sister making a coconut burfi which tasted a little different than a normal coconut burfi and asked her for the recipe. She laughed and told me that she has been using bournvita as it gives a completely different taste and makes it more delicious.
So, sharing a step-wise recipe for Coconut Bournvita Burfi and hope you all try it out and enjoy with your family and friends.
- Freshly desiccated coconut - 1 cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Malai/Fresh cream - 1 tbsp
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Bournvita powder – 3 tsp
- Add freshly desiccated coconut, fresh cream, milk and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix it well. Keep it aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan or a non-stick pan and add 1 tbsp ghee to it.
- Add the mix into it and keep on stirring continuously for few minutes.
- When it starts thickening, lower the flame and add bournvita powder to it and keep stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add 1 tbsp ghee to it and stir it for a minute.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan so that it spreads evenly. When it cools down cut it into equal pieces and store it in a cool place.
If you feel that the mix is too soft while pouring it on the greased plate, put it back in the pan and stir it again for a minute and pour again.
Do not wait for it to completely dry and thicken, the mix should be soft while pouring as this burfi starts getting hard as it cools down.
It will be easier to cut the pieces when it is slightly warm.
This sweet has milk, so needs to be consumed within few days and should be kept in a cool place.