I’m sharing a recipe for Gulkand Rabri today. Rabri or Rabdi is a delicious dessert made with thickened milk. It is easy to prepare and the only thing which takes time is thickening the milk. I decided to try a little variation from usual rabri and use Gulkand in it. The rose flavour and aroma was amazing and too delicious. My family loved it so much that it got finished within minutes.
I had also bought these beautiful mud pots which I wanted to use for my blog. You all obviously know my love for mud pots and these pots are more special as my hubby recently gifted it to me and they are so beautifully carved. So, sharing the recipe for a mouthwatering Gulkand Rabri. I hope you all try it out and enjoy with your family and friends.
- Full cream Milk - 5 cups
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Gulkand / Sweet Rose petal Preserve - 3 tbsp
- Rose essence - 1 tsp
- Crushed Pistachios - 2 tbsp
- Grind gulkand with little milk to make a paste.
- Heat remaining milk in a wide pan.
- When it starts boiling, reduce the flame and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes till it is reduced to half the quantity. Keep scraping from the sides and stir well.
- Now add sugar and gulkand paste. Mix it well.
- Keep stirring and scraping from the sides till it starts thickening.
- Remove from flame, add rose essence and mix well.
- Transfer into serving bowls, garnish with crushed pistachios.
- Chill for an hour and serve.