This recipe easily makes 15-20 medium size pieces of kalakand. Do not worry if few lumps of paneer are left while mixing it with condensed milk. It will be fine while cooking it.
Please read complete recipe before you try it out. Its is soft, creamy and fudgy. So, sharing the Kalakand burfi recipe and hope you all try it out and enjoy..
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 200 gm (I used Amul milkmaid)
- Paneer/Cottage cheese - 250 gm
- Green Cardamom - 2
- Dairy Whitener/Milk powder - 1 tbsp
- Crushed Pistachios - 1 tbsp
- Mash or scrape paneer and keep it ready. Remove seeds from the cardamom pods and crush it nicely. Grease a square plate with some ghee and keep it ready.
- Add milk powder, sweetened condensed milk, paneer in a non-stick pan and mix it well.
- Heat the pan and cook on medium heat. Keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick.
- Remove from the stove, add cardamom powder and mix it well. Spread the mixture on the greased plate.
- Sprinkle some crushed pistachios on top and when it cools down, cut into equal squares.