Raita is a condiment made with yogurt/curd and served with rice, curry or Indian flat bread. They are easy to prepare and boondi raita is one of my favourite. I usually like it crispy and just add boondis before serving but you can also soak the boondis for 10-15 minutes so that they become soft. I’ve preapared it for lunch today and going to serve with some Potato Stir Fry and dal parathas and some home-made mango pickles. Click here for recipe for home-made boondi
- Boondi - ½ cup (click here for recipe for home-made boondi)
- Fresh yogurt - 1 cup
- Skimmed Milk - ¼ cup
- Chat Masala/Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Red chili powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Combine yogurt, milk and salt in a bowl and whisk to make it creamy. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add boondi, mix it well. Add boondi only 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle some chat masala, chilly powder before serving.