I love peanuts and sharing an easy Peanut Chutney Recipe today. Peanuts are a great source of protein especially for vegetarians. So, I made some peanut chutney today which I served with some mini uttapams. This is a simple and easy chutney recipe and specially helpful to serve with variety of our South Indian staple food like Dosa, idli, uttapam, Adai etc. I served it with some mini uttapams today. Click here for Uttapam recipe.
- Raw Peanut - 1 cup
- Bengal Gram / Chana Dal / Split Chickpeas - 1 tbsp
- Green chilies - 2
- Grated Ginger - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Sesame Oil - 2 tsp
- Add 1 tsp oil in a frying pan and roast raw peanuts on low flame for few minutes.
- Transfer the content on a plate and let it cool down completely. Remove the skin of the peanuts and keep it aside.
- Add bengal gram in the same frying pan and roast on low flame for 2 minutes. Now add curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Transfer the content in your grinder along with peanuts, ginger, green chilies and grind them to a smooth paste by adding little water.
- Transfer the content in a serving bowl and add salt to taste.
- Add 1 tsp oil in a small frying pan and add mustard seeds and asafoetida and saute. When mustard seeds crackle, add it over the peanut chutney, mix it well and serve.