Whole wheat flour – 3 cups
Besan / gram flour – 2 tsp
Spinach leaves – 1 cup
Yogurt/dahi – 3 Tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chili Powder- 1 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Salt to taste
1) Wash spinach leaves and Add them with little water in your blender and blitz it to make a paste.
2) Add wheat flour, gram flour, spinach paste, curd, turmeric powder, chili powder, asafoetida, salt, 1 tsp oil in a large bowl and knead well to make a soft dough. Use water only if required.
3) Cover the dough and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
3) Divide the dough into 10 to 12 equal parts and roll out each portion into thin circles. Use extra flour for dusting to roll it evenly.
4) Heat a Tava/griddle and cook each thepla using a little oil till it turns golden brown.
Serve it hot with Curd and some spicy pickle.