It is the season for strawberries and my little one is a big fan of strawberry jam. So, I finally decided to try making jam at home. I was searching for an easy recipe when my mother suggested me to try it out in microwave. She said the you can make an easy microwave strawberry jam in flat 10 minutes.
You have to try it yourself to believe me that it is so easy to make this Microwave Strawberry Jam and simply lip-smacking..I’ve not added any preservatives as I usually make this jam in small quantities so that I don’t have to store them for a long time. So, sharing the recipe for an Easy Microwave Strawberry Jam today. Try it out and enjoy!
Easy Microwave Strawberry Jam
Author: Priya Shiva
Recipe type: Sides
- Strawberries - 500 gm (washed and chopped)
- White sugar - 1 and ½ cup
- Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
- Microwave lemon for 15 seconds and remove the seeds before juicing it.
- Add chopped strawberries into a heatproof microwave-safe bowl. Add lemon Juice and mix well.
- Microwave for 5 minutes on high power.
- Now add sugar and stir well.
- Microwave for a further 5-6 minutes on high power or until jam reaches setting point (check notes).
- Transfer the warm jam in sterilized containers and keep it sealed.
- Once opened or used refrigerate it.