Rava Kesari is a popular sweet from South India which is made with Semolina, sugar and loaded with Ghee. It just melts in your mouth and you just cant resist.. Now, why did I make this sweet today? Well, I was busy with my chores in morning when I saw my son singing Happy Birthday song. I asked him who are you singing this song for and he sweetly replied that its his Red car birthday 🙂 He made me wish his red car too and requested to make some sweet for his car and him. How can I deny such a sweet request 🙂
You can even make a double colour Kesari. Just avoid adding food colour in one portion of Kesari and layer it. So, sharing the recipe and hope you all make this mouth-watering sweet to celebrate special occasions with your family and friends.
A mouth-watering dessert made with semolina, sugar and loaded with ghee!
Author: Priya Shiva
Recipe type: Dessert
- Rava/Semolina - ½ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Ghee - ¼ cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Saffron food colour - a pinch
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Chopped cashews - 10
- Raisins - 8
- Dilute food colour in 1 tbsp water and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan and roast cashews and raisins till light golden brown and keep it aside.
- In the same pan roast the rava till its colour changes slightly and a nice aroma comes from it. Transfer it into a bowl and keep it aside.
- Add water to the pan and when it starts boiling, lower the flame and add saffron water. Mix well.
- Add rava slowly and keep stirring. Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Now add sugar and mix well. Add ghee and keep stirring.
- When ghee starts leaving from sides, add roasted cashews and raisins, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer the content into a serving bowl and serve it warm.