Potato sandwich is a simple and scrumptious breakfast option which can be made with some mashed potatoes. Somehow I love potatoes in any form. I’m sure its already obvious by seeing so many recipes using potatoes 🙂 I was thinking what to make for breakfast when I saw some potatoes in my pantry. My family always loves some grilled potato sandwiches.
These sandwiches are vegan friendly as iI have not used any butter but smeared some olive oil for grilling. You will love these sandwiches if you love potatoes and make it as spicy as you want.. So, sharing the recipe and hope you all have a great day.
- Whole wheat bread slices - 8
- Finely chopped onion - ½ cup
- Finely chopped tomatoes - ½ cup
- Peeled, boiled and mashed potatoes - 2 cups
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Chaat masala or red chili powder - 2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Add 1 tbsp oil in a pan and when its warm, add cumin seeds and chopped onions to it.
- When onions turn translucent, add tomatoes to it.
- Saute it for few minutes and add mashed potatoes, salt, turmeric powder, chat masala and black pepper to it and mix it well. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Transfer it into a bowl and keep it aside.
- Take a slice of bread and spread the filling on it and keep another slice above it.
- Now spread little oil on the top and bottom sides.
- Grill it or toast it. Serve it with morning tea or coffee.