Poori bhaaji on a lazy sunday morning, sounds perfect isn’t it 🙂 .. As usual on Sundays I prefer getting up late and having a brunch and my all time favourite is poori bhaaji..Light fluffy pooris served with some aloo masala and a glass of masala chaas would an ideal start for a good Sunday.
So, sharing the recipe of how I make aloo masala and hope you have a great weekend. Click Here for Poori recipe.
Aloo Masala / Potato Masala
Author: Priya Shiva
Recipe type: Curry
- Potatoes - 4 (medium sized)
- Tomatoes - 1 (finely chopped)
- Finely Chopped onion - 2 (finely chopped)
- Chopped green chilies - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Grated ginger - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker. Mash it with hand lightly and keep it aside.
- Heat little oil in a pan and add little cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Once mustard seeds crackles add onion and ginger, green chillies and curry leaves to it.
- When onions turns translucent, add chopped tomatoes and saute it for few minutes till tomatoes become mushy.
- Now add mashed potatoes to the mixture.
- Add little water, salt to taste, turmeric powder and let it simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves for garnishing and enjoy with pooris.